Week 2 Reading Overview



Choose from CLASSICAL and/or BIBLICAL units for Weeks 3 and 4.

Week 3: Homer's Iliad

Week 4: Adam and Eve

Choose from MIDDLE EASTERN and/or INDIAN units for Weeks 5 and 6.

Week 5: Sindbad

Week 6: Tales of a Parrot

Choose from ASIAN and/or AFRICAN units for Weeks 7 and 9. [Week 8 is review week.]

Week 7: Nigeria

Week 9: Congo

Choose from NATIVE AMERICAN units for Weeks 10 and 11.

Week 10: Great Plains

Week 11: Cherokee

Choose from BRITISH and/or CELTIC units for Weeks 12 and 13.

Week 12: King Arthur

Week 13: Robin Hood

Choose from EUROPEAN units for Weeks 14 and 15.

Week 14: Inferno

Week 15: Crane

I am very glad we have the freedom in this class to chose the readings that appeal to us personally. This allows for me to be passionate and excited for what is to come in this class. I chose a variety of readings, but most of them involve a story I find interesting while others provide me with information about my personal history as I am African American and also Native American. I chose to read about the Cherokee tribe during the Native American weeks of this course and I am excited to learn more about my people. Each of these readings has really intriguing subjects and I cannot wait to learn and make posts about them.

I chose this image because it reminds me of adventure stories I would read as a kid. I love the massive waves crashing and how the people are hanging on for dear life off the side of the boat and how they are trying to swim in the violent ocean to avoid drowning. This picture really appeals to me and I love the design. 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction

Comment Wall

Week 2 Story: The Tiger, The Man, and The Jackal