Reading Notes Week 2: Anthology - Tricksters

 I decided to read the story Tricksters: Tiger, Brahman, and Jackal because I love stories like this. This story was written by Joseph Jacobs and illustrations by John D. Batten. The story was written very well and really captured the readers attention for the entirety of the short story. There were definitely a lot of ideas from the story that I want to use in my own writing. For one, I love the tricksters theme and how the "bad guy" gets tricked in the end and loses. I also like how the jackal pretended to be dumb and a fool but in the end the "smart" tiger was the actual fool. These are all writing styles and strategies that I plan to use in my own stories. 

Story information:  Indian Fairy Tales by Joseph Jacobs with illustrations by John D. Batten (1912). https://sites.google.com/view/mythfolkloreanthology/tricksters

(Tiger, Brahman, and Jackal: illustration by John Batten. Myth-Folklore Anthology)

This image is very interesting and descriptive of the story. I love how this story allows us to use our imagination to create or own characters; moreover, this image does a great job of providing us with a representation of what the author thought the characters looked like. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction

Comment Wall

Week 2 Story: The Tiger, The Man, and The Jackal