Reading notes Week 3: Homer's Iliad Reading A

I love how this story has so many battles imbedded within it. I also enjoy that there are women featured in the story and the men fight for them. These are great aspects of stories and they really bring the story to life and make it personal. I love greek mythology and how the gods, demigods, and mortals interact with one another. This is another great idea that I can incorporate with my stories. It is essentially a higher power caste system within greek mythology and I am fascinated by the powers each god and goddess has. Furthermore, I am intrigued by how even among the gods, they have a supreme leader (Zeus) who can overturn rules and basically run the show. I found it funny when Thetis asked Zeus to make sure Achilles would win the war and Zeus replied that it would cause problems with him and his wife. I found this funny because it really related to how some parents interact with their kids and the dad will do something knowing that it will make his wife upset with him. When going through these readings, I noted that I need to create a mythical and mysterious story while also keeping a realistic and personable environment. 

Bibliography: What Thetis did for Her Son written by Alfred J. Church. Story

(Thetis and Zeus: Ingres)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction

Comment Wall

Week 2 Story: The Tiger, The Man, and The Jackal