Reading Notes Week 6: Raja Rasulu Part A

(The dark well: the well)

 I like how this story starts out with a king and 2 queens. I love this because there is so much a writer is able to do because we can add a jealousy aspect to the story. They did just that in this particular story. I gathered a lot of good ideas from reading this story and would have so much fun rewriting it in a new creative way. I found it interesting that instead of taking action on her own, the jealous queen altered the kings mind and made him hate his own son and become jealous of him. He ended up ordering his hands and feet be cut off and thrown into a well. There is already so much jealousy throughout this story and I love it. After the son is thrown into the well, I can come up with so many different ideas to how the son can enact revenge on his father. Overall, this was a really fun story to read and  these are just a couple of my ideas on how I could change the story up when I potentially rewrite it. 

Bibliography: Raja by J. Lockwood Kipling

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction

Comment Wall

Week 2 Story: The Tiger, The Man, and The Jackal