Reading Week 3: Homer's Iliad Part B

 This continuance of Homer's Iliad has proven to show some fantastic writing skills. The battle descriptions are very detailed and captivating to read. I have taken notes on how to describe scenes while not flooding the reader with pointless details that lose their interest. This story does a great job of keeping the reader interested in every battle scene and every scene in general. I also noted how the story takes a brief break from the fighting to talk about other things but has the battle continue in the background. Later, they pick back up and show how the fight has progressed. This was a very interesting way to continue the story and I might use something similar to that style when writing my own stories. This story continues to provide me with great ideas and different ways to express emotion through writing. I am fascinated with the authors ability to continue to engage the audience while also describing in detail so many important aspects to the story. One thing I did have a hard time with was all of the names and the large amount of characters in the story. When it comes to me writing my own stories, I will tend to keep the character count to a maximum of 5 or 6 just because after that it becomes difficult to remember everyone. Overall this was a great read and I learned a lot from it. 

(The Fight for the Body of Patroclus: Macmillan Company)


Bibliography: "The Rousing of Achilles" by Alfred J. Church http://mythfolklore.blogspot.com/2014/05/iliad-rousing-of-achilles.html


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction

Comment Wall

Week 2 Story: The Tiger, The Man, and The Jackal