Reading Notes Week 7: Part B

 Why People Are Buried

When reading these Nigerian stories, I have noticed that a lot of them start out with a creation story. A lot of the stories I have read start out saying something about people and animals living together and in peace.  This is a really interesting point because it would be a great thing for someone to use in their own creation story or even allow them to change it up and make things interesting. I could possibly write this story but start it out with a huge war between people and animals and animals with other animals. I feel like that would be a cool thing to add into a story. I also like how the creator in this story lives among the people and animals and is present in their every day lives. I also liked the fact that the dog was in charge of telling the people how to treat the dead in order for them to come back to life. In the end, the dog messes it up and tells them to bury people. I loved that this was such a creative way to explain why people are buried. 



Bibliography: Why People Are Buried. Elphinstone Dayrell. Folk Stories From Southern Nigeria


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction

Comment Wall

Week 2 Story: The Tiger, The Man, and The Jackal