Reading Notes Week 9: Part B

 The Squirrel and the Spider was a very interesting read. I'll be honest, it was not the best story I have read this semester. I could not get past the fact that a spider was able to steal corn. Is the spider something that is not an insect like I am imagining, or are they massive spiders? I will never know. Other than that aspect of the story, I liked the moral at the end of the story. Basically, this story teaches people not to steal and if you do, you will be left empty handed. Overall, this story was alright but I have read better. There were still some things I can take away from it and apply into my own writing. 

 West African Folktales by William H. Barker and Cecilia Sinclair, with drawings by Cecilia Sinclair (1917).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction

Comment Wall

Week 2 Story: The Tiger, The Man, and The Jackal