Extra Credit Reading Notes: Dante and Virgil

 I like how this story starts. Dante places us right in the thick of it with him and avoids any backstory that would take up time. This is an interesting way to start a story because I am so accustomed to reading the backstory of a character first. I really like this method because the reader gets to know the character as the story goes on rather than having a general idea of the character before the story starts. I also like how the author has Dante meet Virgil. Furthermore, he has Virgil explain his life story which gives the reader some back story on this new character. I like how we know a more about Virgil than we do about Dante at the beginning of the story. This was a very interesting read and I learned a lot of writing skills from it. 


Bibliography: Dante's Divine Comedy, translated by Tony Kline (2002).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction

Comment Wall

Week 2 Story: The Tiger, The Man, and The Jackal