Reading Notes Week 11: Why the Possum's Tail Is Bare

 This story was very interesting to me because I absolutely hate possums. I do not know why I am so afraid of them because they are helpful to the environment by eating ticks and mosquitos, but I just think they are the creepiest looking animals. One thing that makes them even more creepy to me is the weird naked tail. I thought it was very cool that this story gave a background explanation on why their tail is this way. I thought it was very clever how they wrote the story and made the tail bare. I liked how they created a backstory on how the possum used to have the prettiest tail of all of the animals and was so proud of it. This was an interesting story and I could see myself rewriting it with my own twist. 

Bibliography: Myths of the Cherokee by James Mooney (1900).


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction

Comment Wall

Week 2 Story: The Tiger, The Man, and The Jackal